You can access a claim file and an exposure file from the Claims Home screen. The claims list table provides high-level information about all claims in the system. The exposure list table is a subtable that is nested under a claim and provides high-level information about the exposures associated with a claim in the system. You can access the claim file and exposure file for additional information.
Note: An exposure file is a subfile of a claim. The exposure file combines the claimant, risk, and coverage name together for the purpose of managing claim financials and restoring, repairing, or healing the loss and/or injury.
To access a claim file:
- Search for or locate the claim you want to access. See Search for a claim and filter the claims list for more information.
- In the Claim column, select the claim number link of the claim you want to access. You’ll be directed to the Details screen of the claim file.
To access an exposure file:
- Search for or locate the claim you want to access the exposure file of. See Search for a claim and filter the claims list for more information.
- Select anywhere in the claim row, except for the claim number link. The exposures list table will open and display all exposures associated with that claim.
- In the Coverage column, select the exposure ID and coverage name link of the exposure you want to access. You will be directed to the Details screen of the exposure file.