You can add a contractor in both the Contacts and Claims modules. To add a contractor in the Contacts module, see Add a contractor. A contractor will only be attached to a specific claim if you add the contractor to the claim in the Claims module. To add a contractor to a claim, open the desired claim and:
- Select Contacts from the claim menu.
- Navigate to the Contractor section of the Contacts screen.
- Select + Add a Contractor.
- In the Name box, type the name of the contractor.
- If the name you type matches the name of an existing contractor in BriteCore, a list of possible matching contractors will appear below the Name box. Select the correct name.
- If the name you type matches the name of an existing BriteCore contact, after you’ve typed the name and pressed Enter/Return on your keyboard, a Did You Know? dialog box will open with a list of possible matching contacts. Select the correct name from the dialog box. If you can’t find a matching name, select Create New Contact. See Complete the New Contact dialog box for an individual or Complete the New Contact dialog box for an organization.
- If the name you type doesn’t match a name that exists in BriteCore, when you press Enter/Return after typing the name, the New Contact dialog box will open. See Complete the New Contact dialog box for an individual or Complete the New Contact dialog box for an organization.
- In the Description box, type a brief description of what the contractor is being contracted to do.
- To add an additional contractor, select + Add a Contractor and repeat steps 4 and 5.
To view additional contact information about the contractor, select the blue person icon. When you add or select a contractor’s name, BriteCore displays the contractor’s name and contact information in the Contractor section.