A namespace is a hierarchical definition that defines the context in which a rule is applied.
You can use namespaces to define that a rule is applied for only new business and not for renewals.
You can use namespaces to define the following:
- Line > Personal Auto > Drivers
- Transaction Type > New Business
- Location > CA
Note: When you add a line of business (LOB) as a namespace, you need to contact the Rules team so they can connect the namespace to the LOB.
To add a namespace to a rule:
- In the BriteCore menu, select Rules.
- On the Rules screen, select Projects, and then navigate to and select the rule you want to add a namespace to.
- On the rule screen, in the Namespaces box, select the edit icon .
- In the Rule General Info dialog box, under Namespaces, select Add category.
- In the Add category dialog box, complete the following steps:
- In the Category Name box, type the name of the new namespace.
- In the Value box, type the defining value of the namespace, and then select Confirm.
- Select Save.
Namespace: Line: BOP
Namespace: State: MO