A line of business is a classification of insurance business, such as auto, property, liability.
To add a new line of business:
- In the BriteCore menu, select Lines.
- On the Lines of Business screen, at the bottom of the Line of Business list, select New Line of Business.
- On the Create Line screen, complete the following steps:
- In the Label box, type the line’s label.
- Select the Reference Name box to auto-populate a reference name based on the line’s label.
Note: You can override the auto-populated reference name if desired.
- In the Description box, type a description for the line.
- Select Save Line.
The line you added appears in the Lines of Business list.