You can add an attorney in both the Contacts and Claims modules. To add an attorney in the Contacts module, see Add an attorney. To add a plaintiff attorney and to associate the attorney with a specific claim, you must add the attorney in the Claims module. To add an attorney in the Claims module, access the desired claim and:
- Select Contacts from the claim menu.
- Navigate to the Plaintiff Attorney section on the Contacts screen.
- In the Name box, type the name of the plaintiff attorney.
- If the name you type matches the name of an existing attorney in BriteCore, a list of possible matching attorneys will appear below the Name box. Select the correct name.
- If the name you type matches the name of an existing BriteCore contact, after you’ve typed the name and pressed Enter/Return on your keyboard, a Did You Know? dialog box will open with a list of possible matching contacts. Select the correct name from the dialog box. If you can’t find a matching name, select Create New Contact. See Complete the New Contact dialog box for an individual or Complete the New Contact dialog box for an organization.
- If the name you type doesn’t match a name that exists in BriteCore, when you press Enter/Return after typing the name, the New Contact dialog box will open. See Complete the New Contact dialog box for an individual or Complete the New Contact dialog box for an organization.
To view additional contact information about the plaintiff attorney, select the blue person icon. When you add or select a plaintiff attorney’s name, BriteCore displays the name and contact information in the Plaintiff Attorney section.