You can add a police department in both the Contacts and Claims modules. To add a police department in the Contacts module, see Add a police department. To associate a police department with a specific claim, you must add the police department in the Claims module. To add a police department, access the desired claim and:
- Select Contacts from the claim menu.
- Navigate to the Police Department section on the Contacts screen.
- In the Police Department Name box, type the name of the police department.
- If the name you type matches the name of an existing police department in BriteCore, a list of possible matching police departments will appear below the Name box. Select the correct name.
- If the name you type matches the name of an existing BriteCore contact, after you’ve typed the name and pressed Enter/Return on your keyboard, a Did You Know? dialog box will open with a list of possible matching contacts. Select the correct name from the dialog box. If you can’t find a matching name, select Create New Contact. See Complete the New Contact dialog box for an organization.
- If the name you type doesn’t match a name that exists in BriteCore, when you press Enter/Return after typing the name, the New Contact dialog box will open. See Complete the New Contact dialog box for an organization.
To view additional contact information about the police department, select the blue person icon. When you add or select a police department name, BriteCore displays the police department’s name and contact information in the Police Department section.