A product is a classification within a line of business an insurer can rate on, such as countrywide, state, or jurisdiction.
By default, BriteCore creates a Countrywide product, which you can change or edit to fit your needs.
To add a product:
- In the BriteCore menu, select Lines.
- In the Lines of Business list, select the applicable line of business.
- On the Line Overview screen, select Add Product.
- In the Add Product dialog box, complete the following steps:
- In the Label box, type the product’s label.
- Select the Reference Name box to auto-populate a reference name based on the product’s label.
Note: You can change the auto-populated Reference Name when you add a product, but since it’s a unique identifier for the product, you can’t change it after you select Save Product.
- In the Description box, type a description for the product.
- In the Parent Product dropdown menu, select the product’s parent product.
- Select Save Product.
The product you added appears in the Products list.