The Injury & Severity section contains descriptive information about injury type, injury severity, medical history, and Medicare information, if applicable. Information in the Injury & Severity section is pre-populated from either the first notice of loss (FNOL) or the Add Injury dialog box. If Injury & Severity information wasn’t provided during FNOL or while completing the Add Injury dialog box, or if you need to update this information, select the Edit button in the Injury & Severity section.
To add or edit the Injury & Severity information, access the Injuries screen of the claim file and:
- Navigate to and select the party link of the injured party you want to update injury information for. The Injury Details screen will display.
- Navigate to the Injury & Severity section and select the Edit button in the top-right corner of the section.
- From the Injury Type dropdown list, select the injury type associated with the party. This is a required field.
Note: You can only select one injury type per party. If the party has sustained multiple injuries, select Other.
- From the Body Part(s) Injured dropdown list, select the body parts that sustained injury. You can select multiple options from the dropdown list. The body parts will appear in the Body Part(s) Injured field. This is a required field.
Note: To remove a body part that sustained injury, you can select the X next to the body part in the Body Part(s) Injured box.
- In the Injury Description Narrative box, type a description of the injury that occurred and how it occurred.
- For the Was party transported to hospital from scene? question, select Yes if the party was transported or No if the party wasn’t transported.
- For Head Injury, select Yes if the injury was a head injury or No if the injury wasn’t a head injury.
- For Loss of Limb, select Yes if a limb was lost or No if there wasn’t a loss of limb.
- For Loss of Consciousness, select Yes if the party lost consciousness or No if the party didn’t lose consciousness.
- For Fatality, select Yes if the injury was fatal or No if the injury wasn’t fatal.
- In the Describe any current medical conditions box, type current medical diagnoses of the injured party.
- For Did the party have prior injuries?, select Yes if the party had prior injuries or No if the party didn’t have prior injuries.
- If the party had prior injuries, in the Description of Previous Injuries box, type a list of previous injuries.
- For Medicare eligible?, select Yes if the party is Medicare eligible or No if the party isn’t eligible.
- In the HICN (Health Insurance Care Number) box, type the medicare health insurance number of the party, if applicable.
- Select Save.