The Settlement section contains information about the settlement range and an explanation for how the settlement range was determined. The Settlement section isn’t prepopulated with information from the first notice of loss (FNOL) or from another part of the claim file. All information contained within the Settlement section is added within the Settlement section.
Manage Settlement information
To add or edit Settlement information, access the Injuries screen of the claim file you’re adding Settlement information for, and:
- Navigate to and select the injured party you’re adding settlement information for. The Injury Details screen will open.
- Navigate to the Settlement section and select Edit.
- If you’re adding information to this section for the first time, the Create Settlement dialog box will open. If you’re editing current information, the Edit Settlement dialog box will open, displaying the current information.
- In the From box, type the low end of the Settlement Range.
- In the To box, type the high end of the Settlement Range.
- In the Evaluation Summary box, type a summary of how this settlement range was determined.
- Select Save to save the information. Select Cancel to return to the Injury Details screen without saving the information.