The Add <Party> dialog box is the standard dialog box that will open when you select to add a party at any point in the claim system. The dialog box has two views:
- Search for an existing contact
- Add new contact as a party
The claim system supports logic that will default to one of these views depending on where the dialog box is launched from. For example, when you select to add a pedestrian, the Add Pedestrian dialog box will default to the Add new contact as a party view. This default is based on the assumption that it’s unlikely for a pedestrian to be involved with more than one claim in your system. When you select to add a medical professional, the Add Medical Professional dialog box will default to the Search for an existing contact view. This is based on the assumption that it’s more likely for a medical provider to be associated with more than one claim in the system.
Note: If the default view isn’t the view you need to access, you can select the Add new contact as a party or Search for an existing contact buttons to be directed to the correct view of the dialog box.
After selecting the button to add a party, you can choose to search for an existing contact or add a new contact as a party. To add a new contact as a party:
- Depending on the role of the contact that you’re adding, you must select if the party is an individual or organization. For example, when adding a medical professional, you have to select Individual or Organization.
Note: If you accidentally select Individual instead of Organization, or Organization instead of Individual, you can change between forms. If you switch between Individual and Organization you won’t lose information in the fields that are the same between forms.
- In the Organization Name and TIN/EIN section, complete Organization Name, Doing Business As, and TIN/EIN.
- In the Address section, complete the Address Type, Address Line 1, Address Line 2 if applicable, Country, and Zip boxes.
Note: When you enter the ZIP code, the system will automatically populate the City, State, and County information. If the ZIP code yields more than one City, select the correct city. If the ZIP code yields more than one county, select the correct county.
- If you don’t want to add another address, move to step 5. To add an additional address, select + Add Another Address. Repeat step 3. When you add multiple addresses, designate one of the addresses as the preferred address, by selecting the Preferred radio button next to the appropriate address. If you only have one address, the system will display that address as the preferred address by default.
Note: The preferred status is specific to only the claim the preferred status is selected for. For example, if a party is associated with more than one claim and has more than one address listed, you can select Address 1 as the preferred address for Claim 1, but this doesn’t automatically select Address 1 as the preferred address for Claim 2. For Address 1 to be the preferred address for Claim 2, you would have to manually select Address 1 as the preferred address for Claim 2.
- Select + Add Phone Number to add a phone number to the contact.
- In the Phone Number box, type the phone number. From the Type dropdown list, select the type of phone number. If you enter a phone number, you must select a Type.
- If you don’t want to add another phone number, move to step 8. To add an additional phone number, select + Add Another Phone Number. Repeat steps 5 and 6. Designate one of the phone numbers as the preferred number by selecting the associated Preferred radio button. By default, the first phone number entered will be the preferred number.
- Select + Add Email to add an email address to the contact.
- In the Email box, type the email address. From the Type dropdown list, select the type of email address. If you enter an email address, you must select a Type.
- If you don’t want to add another email address, move to step 11. To add an additional email address, select + Add Another Email. Repeat steps 8 and 9. Designate one of the email addresses as the preferred email address by selecting the associated Preferred radio button. By default, the first email address entered will be the preferred email.
- In the Reference Number and Primary Contact Information section, complete the Reference Number/Claim Number box associated with the organization you’re adding.
- In the Contact Name box, type the point of contact for the organization.
- In the Phone box, type the phone number of the point of contact. If applicable, complete the Ext box.
- In the Email box, type the email address of the point of contact.
- Select Save.
The information you entered will be saved and stored in the Contacts module. The party will display in the Parties screen, under the Involved and Associated Parties section or the Vendors/Other section.
After a payment is created for a claimant, the system restricts the ability to change specific claimant information in the claimant’s Party Detail dialog box. This will occur for payments with the status Draft, Approve, or Posted. The following TIN field will be locked in the claimant’s Party Detail dialog box so changes can’t be made.
If the organization you add is the payee on a payment, then the organization must be an approved vendor and the following information must be completed:
- Full name
- Full address
- Tax ID.