During the investigation period of a claim, the adjuster will need to determine and record the fault of each vehicle. You will find the Fault section when you access the Vehicle Details screen of a vehicle.
To add or edit fault information for a vehicle:
- In the Vehicle column of the Vehicles table, select the vehicle that you want to add or edit the fault information for. The Vehicle Details screen will open.
- Navigate to the Fault section of the Vehicle Details screen and select Edit. The Create/Edit Fault dialog box will open.
- From the Fault Type dropdown list, select the phrase that best describes the level of fault for the driver. Depending on the phrase selected, the following will occur:
- If you select At Fault, the % Liable box will automatically populate with 100 and be disabled. Move to step 5.
- If you select Partial Fault, you can type the percentage of fault in the % Liable box. Continue to step 4.
- If you select No Fault, the % Liable box will automatically populate with 0 and be disabled. Move to step 5.
- If you select Undetermined, the % Liable box will be disabled. Move to step 5.
- If you select Catastrophe Related, the % Liable box will automatically populate with 0 and be disabled. Move to step 5.
- In the % Liable box, type the percentage of fault you have determined the vehicle has.
- In the Description box, type the description of the loss event, identifying the role each involved vehicle played in the loss event.
- In the Decision Rationale box, type the reasons you determined the percentage of fault, typed in the % Liable box, for the vehicle.
- Select Save.