A product hierarchy is based on parent-child relationships, meaning the child inherits data and properties from the parent.
Example: If Missouri (child product) is nested under Countrywide (parent product), then changing data in Countrywide will automatically change data in Missouri.
You can also build out a product hierarchy by adding siblings, which are multiple products directly under the same parent.
Example: If Missouri, Iowa, and Kansas are all children under Countrywide, they’re siblings.
The product you select in the Parent Product dropdown list determines where a product lives in the hierarchy.
To add a product to a hierarchy:
- In the BriteCore menu, select Lines.
- In the Lines of Business list, select the applicable line of business.
- On the Line Overview screen, select Add Product.
- In the Add Product dialog box, complete the following steps:
- In the Label box, type the product’s label.
- Select the Reference Name box to auto-populate a reference name based on the product’s label.
Note: You can change the auto-populated Reference Name when you add a product, but since it’s a unique identifier for the product, you can’t change it after you select Save Product.
- In the Description box, type a description for the product.
- Select the Parent Product dropdown list, and then complete one of the following steps:
- To add a child product, select a parent product.
- To add a grandchild product, select the arrow to the right of the parent product, and then select a parent product.
- To add a sibling product, select the same parent product as the sibling product.
- Select Save Product.
The product you added appears in the Products list under the parent product you selected.