Vehicles added during the FNOL are automatically populated into the Vehicles screen. However, you may need to add another vehicle to the claim. To do that, select the + Add Vehicle button.
Note: Once you add a vehicle to a claim, you can’t delete it from the claim.
When you select the + Add Vehicle button, a dropdown list of other insured vehicles (if applicable) listed on the policy linked to the claim will appear. If the insured vehicle you need to add isn’t in the list, you can manually add a vehicle as an insured Unlisted Vehicle. If you’re adding a vehicle that belongs to the claimant, select Add Claimant Vehicle.
Add vehicle not included in dropdown list
When you add a vehicle that isn’t included in the dropdown list, you can add a claimant vehicle or an insured unlisted vehicle. Based on the type of vehicle you’re adding, select Add Claimant Vehicle or Add Unlisted Insured Vehicle. The dialog box with the title of the type of vehicle you’re adding will open.
- From the Vehicle Type dropdown list, select the type of vehicle. Out-of-the-box vehicle types have the same fields as seen below in steps 2-8.
Note: The data collection for each vehicle type can be configured uniquely as each vehicle type can have different data attributes. For example, a commercial truck may have refrigeration and an 18-wheeler will have a cab and cargo trailer.
- In the Year box, select or type the year of the car.
- In the Make box, type the make of the car.
- In the Model box, type the model of the car
- In the Vin box, type the VIN of the car.
- In the Color box, type the color of the vehicle.
- In the License Plate box, type the license plate number.
- From the License State dropdown, select the abbreviation of the state that issued the license plate.
- Select Save.