You can add parties to the Vendors / Other section on the Parties screen. Vendors are parties that are associated with the claim either as an associated party or as part of the claim, such as other contacts on the policy. Others is a catch-all for parties that are added and the desired role isn’t available on the menu.
To add parties to the Vendors / Others section:
- Access the claim you want to add the party to.
- Select the Parties tab.
- In the Vendors / Other section, select the + Add Vendor / Other button. A menu of roles will appear.
- Select the role of the party you’re adding. The Add <Role Title> dialog box will open.
- In the Add <Role Title> dialog box, you can search for an existing contact or add the new contact as a party.
- To search for an existing contact, see Search for an existing contact.
- To add a new contact as a party, see Add new party – Individual or Add new party – Organization. The party you added will appear in the Vendors / Other table and the party’s contact information. The party you added will appear in the Vendors / Other section, and the party’s contact information will be saved in the Contacts module.
When you add a party to the Vendors / Others section, you have the option to add them as Associated Parties in the Involved and Associated Parties section.