A claimant is an individual or organization that reports the covered loss. The claimant can be a named insured or a third party whose person or property was damaged by the named insured. You can add a claimant in the Contacts module and the Claims module. To add a claimant in the Claims module, see Adding a claimant in Claims.
To add a claimant, open the desired contact and:
- In the Role section, select Add a Role to open the Role dialog box.
- In the Role dropdown list, select Claimant.
- Select Done to close the dialog box and return to the Role section.
- Select Save beneath the Role dropdown list. A Save Completed pop-up window will open.
- In the Social Security # box, type the claimant’s social security number.
Note: After entering and saving an SSN, BriteCore will mask it, revealing only the last four digits. This is a default setting for BriteCore to protect a contact’s identity. See mask-ssn-on-edit-contact for more information.
- In the Driver’s License # box, type the claimant’s driver’s license number. If the claimant’s driver’s license number and social security number are the same, you can check the Same as Social Security # checkbox instead of retyping the number in the Driver’s License # box.
- In the Date of Birth boxes, enter the claimant’s date of birth in MM/DD/YYYY format.
- When you’re finished entering information, select Save. A Save Completed pop-up window will open. If you select Cancel, BriteCore won’t save the entered information.
In the Claims section, you can view claims linked to the claimant. When you click on a claim, BriteCore will direct you to the Information tab of the claim.