The individual or organization named in an insurance policy is the named insured. You typically add named insureds during the quoting or policy process. To add a named insured while creating a policy, see Adding or updating contacts on a policy. You can also add named insureds in the Contacts module.
To add a named insured, open the desired contact and:
- In the Role section, select Add a Role to open the Role dialog box.
- In the Role dropdown list, select Named Insured.
- Select Done to close the dialog box and return to the Role section.
- Select Save beneath the Role dropdown list. A Save Completed pop-up window will open.
- In the Social Security # box, type the social security number of the named insured.
Note: After entering and saving an SSN, BriteCore will mask it, revealing only the last four digits. This is a default setting for BriteCore to protect a contact’s identity. See mask-ssn-on-edit-contact for more information.
- In the Driver’s License # box, type the named insured’s driver’s license number. If the named insured’s driver’s license number and social security number are the same, you can check the Same as Social Security # checkbox instead of retyping the number in the Driver’s License # box.
- In the Date of Birth boxes, type the named insured’s date of birth using the MM/DD/YYYY format.
- In the Direct Claim Activity To dropdown list, select the email address where claim activity should be sent.
- In the Also CC box, type any additional email address(es) that will receive the claim activity emails. If you enter more than one email address, use commas to separate them.
- In the Email Address to Use dropdown list, select the email address where notices will be sent. If the named insured will accept policy documents by email, check the Accept Policy Documents Electronically checkbox.
- In the Also CC box, type any additional email address(es) that will receive the policy documents. If you enter more than one email address, use commas to separate them.
- Select Get Credit Score to obtain the credit score for the named insured.
- When you finish entering information, select Save. A Save Completed pop-up window will open. If you select Cancel, BriteCore won’t save the information you entered.
In the Policies table, you can view all policies in which the contact is listed as the named insured. When you select a policy from the table, BriteCore will direct you to the Revisions tab of the policy you selected.
In the Claims table, you can view the claims in which the contact is listed as the named insured. When you select a claim from the table, BriteCore will direct you to the Information tab of the claim you selected.
In the Credit Reports table, view the named insured’s credit score(s). To view a credit report, select the magnifying glass next to the credit score you want to view.