A reinsurer is an organization that takes on risks that are too large for insurance companies to cover on their own. You can add a reinsurer in the Contacts module.
To add a reinsurer, open the desired contact and:
- In the Role section, select Add a Role to open the Role dialog box.
- In the Role dropdown list, select Reinsurer.
- Select Done to close the dialog box and return to the Role section.
- Select Save beneath the Role dropdown list. A Save Completed pop-up window will open.
- In the NAIC Number box, type the reinsurer’s NAIC number.
- When you’re finished entering information, select Save. A Save Completed pop-up window will open. If you select Cancel, BriteCore won’t save the entered information.