A subline is a collection of line items. You can use sublines to group coverages normally found together on a policy.
Note: If you try to add a subline item to a committed policy, you will receive an error message. To add a subline item to a committed policy, create a new revision.
To add a subline:
- In the BriteCore menu, select Policies.
- On the Policies List screen, navigate to the policy you want to add a subline to, and then select its Policy Number.
- On the Revisions screen, select the Builder tab. Depending on your screen size, you may need to scroll down to locate the tab.
- In the Setup section, locate the line item you want to add a subline to, and then select the Add Sub Line plus icon .
- In the Edit Sub Line dialog box, complete the following steps:
- In the Subline Name box, type the name of the subline.
- In the Line Item Description box, type the subline description.
- Select Setup.
- In the Type section, in the Type dropdown list, select the subline type.
- In the Options section, complete the following steps:
- To make the subline mandatory, select Subline is [Mandatory/Default] for this policy type, and then in the [Mandatory/Default] dropdown list, select Mandatory.
- To add a subline to a policy multiple times, select Allow multiples of this subline.
- To allow users to edit the subline name, select Allow line name editing.
- To hide the subline from the Agent portal, Provider Administrator portal, or both, select Hide from [BriteCore/BriteQuote] checkbox workflow if enabled, and then in the [BriteCore/BriteQuote] dropdown list, select the portal(s) you want to hide the subline in.
- BriteCore & BriteQuote (Administrator and Agent portals)
- BriteCore Only (Administrator portal)
- BriteQuote Only (Agent portal)
- Select Save and Exit.