In the Dates to Remember section of a contact’s Information tab, you can post reminders and create alerts. For individuals, you can create a reminder or alert for important dates to remember, such as the date an agent’s license expires or the date an agent is terminated.
To add a date to remember:
- Select the New link next to Dates to Remember to open the Date to Remember dialog box.
- In the Date boxes, type the date in MM/DD/YYYY format.
- In the Content box, type information related to the date you’re adding.
- From the Frequency dropdown list, select the frequency of reminders. If you want to make the reminder an alert, continue to step 5. If you don’t want to make the reminder an alert, move to step 9.
Figure 1: Date to Remember created for an individual.
- Next to This Date to Remember is not an alert., select the exclamation point. The exclamation point will fill in red, and the message will read This Date to Remember is currently an alert.
- In the Alert me… box, type the number of days, weeks, or months prior to the date to remember you want to be alerted. This number will accompany your selection in step 7.
- In the …prior to the date. dropdown list, select one of the following units: Day/s, Week/s, or Month/s. This selection will accompany the number you typed in step 6.
- In the Alert These Email Addresses box, type the email address(es) that will receive the alert prior to the date to remember. You can enter more than one email address by separating them with commas.
Figure 2: Date to Remember alert created for an individual.
- Choose one of the following:
- Select Save and New to save the date to remember and add a new date to remember.
- Select Save and Close to save the date to remember and return to the Information tab.
If you select X in the top right of the dialog box, you will return to the Information tab without saving the information you entered.
Completed reminders and alerts will appear in the Dates to Remember section of the Information tab. While creating Dates to Remember for an organization provides the option to select a touchpoint, creating Dates to Remember for an individual doesn’t provide that option.