After you initiate the FNOL from the Claims or Policies modules, you can complete the FNOL. Complete the following sections to complete the FNOL.
- In the Policy Search box, you can type policy information to locate the policy that the claim will be filed on. As you type, a list of policies that match your search criteria will populate beneath the Policy Search box. The Policy Search box will search by the following:
- By default, it will search by Policy ID, Named Insured(s), Agent(s), Policy Type, Effective Date, and Expiration Date.
- When you select the Search by Address checkbox, BriteCore will search by Address, Address City, Address Zip, and Policy Number.
Note: If you initiated the FNOL from the Policies module, BriteCore automatically pulls in the policy information to this section. Move to step 3.
- Select the correct policy from the generated search results. Once you select the policy, BriteCore automatically populates the Policy Number, Policy Status, Term Effective Date, Term Expiration Date, Insureds, and Agency fields with information from the selected policy.
- In the Contacts section, you can add claimants. To add Claimants, select the green icon. The Add New Claimant dialog box will open. See Complete Add New Claimant dialog box for an individual or Complete Add New Claimant dialog box for an organization for more information.
- Under Claim Information in the Loss Date box, type the date of loss using the MM/DD/YYYY format or use the date picker to select the date.
- In the Loss Time box, type the time of loss using the HH:MM format and select the a.m. or p.m. radio button.
Note: When you select the date and time of loss, BriteCore will search for any claims filed on the same policy from one day before the entered loss date to one day after the entered loss date. If claims are identified, the Potential Duplicate Claim dialog box will open and display possible duplicate claims. See Potential Duplicate Claim workflow.
- Depending on the advanced setting add-catastrophe-from-fnol, and the date and time entered, a Catastrophe section can populate beneath the Loss Date and Loss Time sections. Select Yes to indicate the loss is due to the catastrophe. Select No to indicate the loss isn’t due to the catastrophe. If this section doesn’t populate, move to step 4.
- From the Property dropdown list, select the property on which the loss occurred.
- From the Loss Cause(s) dropdown list, select the cause or causes of loss.
- Depending on the advanced setting coverage-items-field-visible, the Coverage Items dropdown can appear. From the Coverage Item(s) dropdown list, select the coverage the claim is being filed against. This is an optional field.
- In the Loss Description/Remarks box, provide a detailed summary of the loss that occurred.
- In the Additional Information box, provide any additional information that is pertinent to the claim. For example, if there is more than one insured listed, you can identify a primary contact or point of contact (POC) for the claim by identifying the POC’s name and contact information.
- In the Police/Fire Dept. to Which Reported box, type the name of the police or fire department the loss was reported to, if applicable.
- Depending on the advanced setting enable-upload-photos-fnol, the Photos section can appear. Select the Upload Photos button if you want to add photos. The Upload Photos dialog box will open.
- Drag and drop the files you want to upload or select in the photo box to upload files from your computer.
- When you’re finished, select Save. If this section isn’t displayed, move to Reports.
- Depending on the advanced setting enable-upload-documents-fnol, the Reports section can appear. Select the Upload Reports button if you want to add reports. The Upload Reports dialog box will open.
- Drag and drop the files you want to upload or select the photo box to upload files from your computer.
- When you’re finished, select Save. If this section isn’t displayed, move to Submission Information.
- Navigate to the Submission Information section at the bottom of the screen.
- Select in the Reported By box, and a dropdown list of names will appear. Select the name of the individual reporting the claim.
- In the Reported To box, type the name of the individual the claim is being reported to.
- Select the Submit Claim button.