The Agent portal can now display a new version of the Accounts Receivable screen. Previously, agents used the Accounts Receivable screen shown in Figure 1.
The Agent portal Accounts Receivable screen update is consistent with recent Accounts Receivable updates in the Provider Administrator portal. The new Accounts Receivable screen provides additional features, enhanced usability, and a modern look. The organization of the new Accounts Receivable screen increases accessibility to resources for agents.
Note: The new Accounts Receivable screen is enabled by a setting.
The header on the new Accounts Receivable screen contains the following components and characteristics:
- The header will remain at the top of the Accounts Receivable screen as you move from the Billing Overview tab to the Billing Setup tab.
- The Policy Status is more prominently displayed, so you can easily see the status of the policy.
- The Policy Term is more prominently displayed so you can easily see the policy effective dates.
- The Policy Type displays the type of policy; for example, Businessowners (BOP).
- The Renewal Status displays if the policy will renew or not.
- The Length displays the term length of the policy.
- The Inception date displays the date the policy initially began.
- The tabbed view reduces scrolling and allows agents to easily move between the Billing Overview and Billing Setup tabs.
Billing Overview tab
The Billing Overview tab is the first of two tabbed views on the new Accounts Receivable screen, and it includes the following sections:
- Policy Details: The Policy Details section on the Billing Overview tab combines information from the Policy Details and Premium Overview sections of the previous Accounts Receivable screen into a condensed view with the most pertinent information. Policy Details also includes a Premium Breakdown.
- Balance Details: The Balance Details section on the Billing Overview tab combines the Currently Due section and the Make a Payment field from the previous Accounts Receivable screen. Agents no longer need to scroll to access Balance Details. Depending on permissions, agents can also easily access the Installment Schedule.
- Account History: The Account History section on the Billing Overview tab now displays the processed date, transaction type, debit amount, credit amount, trailing balance, and summary of transactions. Depending on permissions, the Show future invoices checkbox is enabled and the Write-off Premium and Write-off Custom Fee links are accessible in the Account History section.
Billing Setup tab
The Billing Setup tab is the second of the two tabbed views in the new Accounts Receivable screen, and it includes the following sections:
- Invoice Frequency: The Invoice Frequency section applies to both initial payments and recurring payments. The Invoice Frequency selection determines the billing schedule. For example, if the Invoice Frequency selection is Annual, then the premium is billed once per year and the billing schedule is Annual.
- Withdraw Funds When: The Withdraw Funds When section applies to both initial payments and recurring payments. This section allows the agent to select how many days before the due date the funds will be withdrawn. The agent can select to withdraw funds On Due Date or to withdraw funds a specific number of days before the due date.
- Invoice Due Date: The Invoice Due Date applies to both initial payments and recurring payments. The Invoice Due Date section allows the agent to change the invoice due date on a policy to a specific date of each month. The agent can select from the 1st of the month to the 28th of the month. The 29th of the month, 30th of the month, and 31st of the month are not available options, as these dates don’t exist in all months.
- Recurring Billing Contact: The Recurring Billing Contact section applies only to recurring payments. This section contains information about the person or organization identified as the recipient of recurring payments.
- Initial Billing Contact: The Initial Billing Contact section applies only to initial payments. This section contains information about the person or organization identified as the recipient of initial payments. To complete or edit the Initial Billing Contact section, you must first select the Send initial bill to different contact checkbox.
- For a set duration, a banner will display on the Accounts Receivable screen to inform agents of recent changes.
- Notes has been removed from the policy navigation menu, as this is only necessary for administrators.
- If you want to access the legacy Accounts Receivable screen, you can select the Go to legacy page button at the bottom of the screen.
To enable the Accounts Receivable screen in the Agent portal, contact your customer service representative or support team.
If you have any questions about the new Accounts Receivable screen in the Agent portal, please contact your customer service representative or support team.