The Agent portal can now display a new version of the Accounts Receivable screen. Previously, agents used the Accounts Receivable screen; see Figure 1.
The new Accounts Receivable screen displays UI updates that provide a modern look and enhance the screen’s usability. The organization of the new Accounts Receivable screen increases accessibility to resources for agents.
The header on the new Accounts Receivable screen contains the following components and characteristics:
- The header will remain at the top of the Accounts Receivable screen as you move from the Billing Overview tab to the Billing Setup tab.
- The Policy Status is more prominently displayed, so you can easily see the status of the policy.
- The Policy Term is more prominently displayed so you can easily see the policy effective dates.
- The Policy Type displays the type of policy; for example, Businessowners (BOP).
- The Renewal Status displays if the policy will renew or not.
- The Length displays the term length of the policy.
- The Inception date displays the date the policy initially began.
- The tabbed view reduces scrolling and allows agents to easily move between the Billing Overview and Billing Setup tabs.
Billing Overview tab
The Billing Overview tab is the first of two tabbed views on the new Accounts Receivable screen, and it includes the following sections:
- Policy Details: The Policy Details section on the Billing Overview tab combines information from the Policy Details and Premium Overview sections of the previous Accounts Receivable screen into a condensed view with the most pertinent information. Policy Details also includes a Premium Breakdown.
- Balance Details: The Balance Details section on the Billing Overview tab combines the Currently Due section and the Make a Payment field from the previous Accounts Receivable screen. Agents no longer need to scroll to access Balance Details.
- Installment Schedule: The Installment Schedule links, located by the Balance Details and Account History sections, are accessible by agents. When an agent selects either Installment Schedule link, the Installment Schedule dialog box will open and display the Total Written Premium and how it is distributed across all installments.
- Account History: The Account History section on the Billing Overview tab now displays the processed date, transaction type, debit amount, credit amount, trailing balance, and summary of transactions. The Show future invoices checkbox is enabled and accessible in the Account History section.
Billing Setup tab
The Billing Setup tab is the second of the two tabbed views in the new Accounts Receivable screen, and it includes the following sections:
- Invoice Frequency: The Invoice Frequency section applies to both initial payments and recurring payments. The Invoice Frequency selection determines the billing schedule. For example, if the Invoice Frequency selection is Annual, then the premium is billed once per year and the billing schedule is Annual.
- Withdraw Funds When: The Withdraw Funds When section applies to both initial payments and recurring payments. This section allows the user to select how many days before the due date the funds will be withdrawn. Agents can view the Withdraw Funds When section for initial payments, but they can’t edit the section for initial payments. Agents can view the Withdraw Funds When section for recurring payments, and, depending on a setting, agents have access to edit the Withdraw Funds When section for recurring payments. To enable or disable an agent’s access to edit the Withdraw Funds When section for recurring payments, contact your support team.
- Invoice Due Date: The Invoice Due Date applies to both initial payments and recurring payments.
- Recurring Billing Contact: The Recurring Billing Contact section applies only to recurring payments. This section contains information about the person or organization that will be billed for recurring payments.
- Initial Billing Contact: The Initial Billing Contact section applies only to initial payments. This section contains information about the person or organization that will be billed for the initial payment. To complete or edit the Initial Billing Contact section, you must first select the Send initial bill to different contact checkbox.
- For a set duration, a banner will display on the Accounts Receivable screen to inform agents of recent changes.
- If you want to access the legacy Accounts Receivable screen, you can select the Go to legacy page button at the bottom of the screen.
If you have any questions about the new Accounts Receivable screen in the Agent portal, please contact your customer service representative or support team.