With the Contacts advanced setting allow-duplicate-ssn, you can allow agents and agencies to enter duplicate SSNs without being prompted to choose an existing contact that isn’t a client of the agent or agency.
This setting requires True and False buttons.
This setting’s default value is False, so when you enter a duplicate SSN, a Warning pop-up window will open. The following are examples of messages that will appear in the Warning pop-up windows:
- When a duplicate SSN is entered in the New Contact dialog box, a Message pop-up window will open, stating The social security number you entered for <New Contact> matches the number on file for <Existing Contact>. For this reason, your contact information has been stored as <Existing Contact>.
- When you enter a duplicate SSN in the Role section, and select Save, a Warning pop-up window opens, stating WARNING: The SSN you entered was NOT saved!. BriteCore will prompt you to review the SSN you entered. If the SSN is correct, you can select the appropriate contact from the list that displays in the Warning pop-up window.
- When you enter a duplicate SSN in Quote, and select Save Contact a warning banner will appear across the top of the screen that says, The social security number you entered already exists in the system and can’t be added to a new contact.
Change the default
To change the default, navigate to Settings > Advanced and search for allow-duplicate-ssn. Change the setting to True to allow agents and agencies to enter duplicate SSNs. The following are examples of situations you should allow duplicate SSNs:
- When a contact’s SSN is unknown, agencies may have a designated number to substitute for it, such as 000-00-0000. There could be more than one contact with an unknown SSN, so the substitute SSN should be added.
- Agents and agencies may create a quote for a contact that has an existing quote with another agency. To protect customer and agent relationships, agents and agencies should be allowed to enter all contact information, even if the contact already exists in the system with another agency.
When agents or agencies enter an SSN that matches an existing contact, the agents or agencies shouldn’t be able to view the existing contact’s information if that contact isn’t their client.
The allow-duplicate-ssn advanced setting doesn’t conflict with other settings. The allow-duplicate-ssn advanced setting is directly related to the Allow creation of contacts with duplicate SSNs. checkbox in Settings > Modules > Contacts. When you select the Allow creation of contacts with duplicate SSNs. checkbox and select Save, BriteCore automatically sets the allow-duplicate-ssn advanced setting to True. When you set the allow-duplicate-ssn to False, BriteCore automatically unchecks the Allow creation of contacts with duplicate SSNs. checkbox.