Clients can archive or delete revisions. A tool exists to archive or delete revisions from the interface, access to which should be limited to the client’s project lead.
- Already archived and open revisions won’t have an Archive Revision button.
- The policy must have at least one active effective date revision. It can neither be archived nor deleted.
- Deleting a revision doesn’t remove it from the system, it sets revisions.deleted=1 and revisions.revisionState=’archived’
- Deleting an open revision with a same-day pending revision will move the earlier pending revision back to committed.
- Deleting a revision with an associated payment will move the payment to a prior revision. Archiving a revision, however, will retain the payment reference.
Process the archival or deletion
- Notate the policy number.
- Select your user icon at the top-right of the screen.
- Select Resources, and then select Support Tools.
- Navigate to Archive Revisions in the Policies section.
- On the Archive Revisions screen, in the Policy Number box, type the policy number, and then press Enter/Return on your keyboard or select Find Revisions.
- All revisions for the policy will be listed.
- Select Archive Revision to archive the revision, which means its data will still be referenced in reports.
- Select Delete Revision to mark the revision as deleted, which means its data will be excluded from reports. In other words, a deleted revision is one that should have never occurred.