Once a claim is submitted, you can assign an adjuster to the claim. If you select to assign an adjuster to a claim, you will be directed to the Assign Adjuster screen, which is also accessible by selecting the link of the same name from the left Claim menu. Unassigned claims will populate in the Assign Adjuster screen.
From the Assign Adjuster screen, you can bulk assign one adjuster to multiple or all unassigned claims. See Figure 1.
To narrow the list of unassigned claims, you can filter by Line of Business, Loss Type, Select Address, Coverage Type, and Loss Date.
Filter the unassigned claims list
To filter the unassigned claims list:
- Select Filters. The filter options will appear.
- Select one or more filters to use:
- Line of Business: From the dropdown list, select the line of business you want to filter the unassigned claims by.
- Loss Type: From the dropdown list, select the Loss Type you want to filter the unassigned claims by.
- Select Address: From the dropdown list, select to filter the list by whether or not the loss occurred at the insured’s address or another loss location. When you select an address type, additional address boxes will appear beneath Select Address.
- <Select Address – City>: In the City box, type the city associated with the address type you selected from the Select Address dropdown.
- <Select Address – State>: In the State box, type the state associated with the address type you selected from the Select Address dropdown.
- <Select Address – Zip>: In the Zip box, type the ZIP associated with the address type you selected from the Select Address dropdown.
- Coverage Type: From the dropdown, select the Coverage Type you want to filter the unassigned claims by.
- Loss Date: From the date boxes, use the date pickers to set the date range to filter the unassigned claims by.
Bulk assign adjuster to unassigned claims
To bulk assign adjusters to unassigned claims:
- Do one of the following:
- Select the checkbox next to Claim Number, and all claims on the Assign Adjuster screen will be selected.
- Select the checkbox next to each claim that you want to assign an adjuster to.
- Navigate to the Select Adjuster box at the bottom of the screen.
- In the Select Adjuster box, type the adjuster you want to assign to the claims, or select an adjuster from the menu of names that displays when you select the box.
If you choose not to bulk assign adjusters, you can assign adjusters at the exposure level and at the claim level. See Assign claim adjuster to an exposure or Assign, unassign, and reassign claim adjusters.