BriteClaims permissions are managed by two systems: BriteRules and BriteAccess. With BriteRules, permissions are based on user role and claim/exposure status. With BriteAccess, permissions are based only on user role. You can assign BriteClaims specific access permissions to a role in BriteAccess.
Note: To learn more about adding a role in BriteAccess, see Establish user roles for BriteClaims.
To assign access permissions to a role:
- Select Access from the BriteCore menu.
- In the Access module, the Roles screen should display by default. If it doesn’t, select Roles from the Access menu.
- Search for and select the role you want to assign BriteClaims access permissions to. The Access Role Setup screen will display.
- At the bottom of the Access Role Setup screen select Next: Associate Permissions. The Assign Access Permissions screen will display.
- Locate the access permission(s) you want to assign or, in the Search box, type the access permission you want to assign to the role, and then select Search or press Enter/Return on your keyboard. For BriteClaims, one of the access permissions you need to assign is AllowViewClaimsModule.
- Select the checkbox next to the access permission(s) you want to add.
- Select the Add Selected Access Permissions to Assignments button. The access permission(s) will populate in the Selected Access Permissions section.
- Repeat steps 5–7 for each access permission you want to assign.
- At the bottom of the Assign Access Permissions screen, select Next: Associate Users. The Assign Groups and Users screen will display.
- At the bottom of the Assign Groups and Users screen, select Next: Review. The Review Role screen will display.
- At the bottom of the Review Role screen, select Update Role. When the role is successfully updated, the system will redirect you to the Roles screen and a banner will appear at the top of the screen with the following message:
Role successfully updated!