In addition to assigning a primary claims adjuster to a claim, you can assign claims adjusters to the exposure.
- If a primary claims adjuster is assigned to a claim before you add exposures to the claim, when you add exposures, the exposure level claims adjuster will default to the primary claims adjuster.
- If the claim is a new claim, and there isn’t a primary claims adjuster assigned to the claim, but there is already an adjuster assigned to the exposure, when the claim is assigned to a primary claims adjuster, the exposure adjuster won’t automatically be re-assigned as the primary claims adjuster.
- If you assign an adjuster to an exposure prior to assigning a primary claims adjuster, when the primary claims adjuster is assigned, the primary claims adjuster won’t overwrite the claims adjuster assigned to a specific exposure.
- If there isn’t a primary claims adjuster assigned to a claim and you assign the same claims adjuster to at least two exposures on a claim, that claims adjuster will automatically populate as the primary claims adjuster.
To assign an exposure adjuster, access the desired claim and:
- Select the Exposures tab to open the Exposures screen.
- Navigate to the claimant associated with the desired exposure and select anywhere in the claimant row, except for the name link. The Exposure tree will open.
- In the Actions column, select the ellipsis associated with the exposure. A dropdown list will appear that includes the option Assign Adjuster.
- Select Assign Adjuster. A dropdown list of claims adjusters will open.
- Select the claims adjuster from the list that you want to assign, or search for the claims adjuster.
- Select Save.