When you create a new/customized template using BriteDocs, you must associate it with the existing deliverable it replaces. Associating a new/customized template to existing attachments in the system triggers:
- BriteCore to call BriteDocs when generating a document.
- BriteDocs to push the new template back to the service.
- BriteDocs provides a seamless transition for the user. The attachments appear and are updated as expected.
There are three steps related to this task:
- Copy the Report ID for the stock deliverable from the associated client database in BriteCore.
- Copy the Deliverable ID of the new template in BriteDocs.
- Associate the Document in BriteCore.
Finding and copying the Deliverable ID
To find and copy the Deliverable ID:
- In the BriteCore menu, select Settings.
- In the Settings menu, select Deliverables.
- Scroll to the Deliverables section and select the edit icon for the deliverable you want to associate in BriteCore.
- On your browser address bar, copy the Deliverable ID after the expression deliverableid= <string>.
Associate a document in BriteCore
To associate a document in BriteCore:
- In the top-right of the screen, select your profile icon.
- In the profile list, select Resources.
- In the Resources list, select Support Tools.
- In the Choose a tool to use section, select Associate A Deliverable with BriteDocs.
- Enter the Report ID.
- Enter the BriteDocsID.
- Select Associate.
You can now generate and access your deliverables in BriteCore.