BriteData allows you to customize an existing report or build reports through the BriteCore interface. These reports rely on our prepared data sets as their only source of data. BriteData has built-in smart defaults to simplify the report building process. However, BriteData operates with certain assumptions and constraints and is subject to limitations. Think of BriteData Builder as a report extraction tool rather than a report creation or business intelligence tool. It can support limited amounts of data and can’t perform complex mathematical calculations.
Please review the following topics before you attempt to build your report:
- BriteData constraints and assumptions
- Map BriteCore data fields to the data dictionary
- Tips on selecting data points and rules
- Example tutorials for BriteData report builder:
Common use cases
BriteData is useful for customizing existing stock reports built using the tool. Examples of these reports include:
- Advanced Premium Report
- Cash Balance Report
- Certificate of Mailing
- Claims Payments
- Commercial Renewal Report BriteData
- Credits On Canceled Policies
- Credits On Policies
- Payoff Amounts
- Personal Renewal Report
You can also use BriteData to schedule and export your stock BriteData Py reports, such as:
- Aged Accounts Receivable
- Invoices Coming Due
- Premiums Receivable Balance Detail
- Premiums Receivable Trial Balance
How to use BriteData
There are five broad steps in building a report:
- Define your Report: Enter basic information about your report, including the report name, description, category, type, run schedule, custom start date, and export option.
- Choose your Data: Select the data points you want to base your report on. The data points are the column headers on your report.
- Define Rules for your Data: You can apply various rules to manipulate your data output, including group by, sort, conditional fills, aggregates and more.
- Design the Template: If you selected PDF, HTML, Text, or XML as your output in Step 1, you can design your report’s presentation.
- Finish: You can save, run, or download your report.