This guide walks administrators through setting up the BriteSuite platform. The BriteSuite platform is built to be as configurable as possible straight out of the box. However, there are some limitations where administrators are concerned. In this guide we will discuss the limitations and ways to work around them to facilitate the partnership experience.
Administrators don’t have database or command line access to BriteCore. This means you will have to submit Zendesk tickets to be able to set up certain aspects of the site. Since each ticket takes time to resolve, we suggest you submit the tickets when you request a new site.
Refer to your SLA for specific timelines on ticket resolution.
Walk through the BriteSuite configuration questionnaires with the client prior to setting up the site to cover what settings/options are available. Available questionnaires include:
- BriteSuite Updated Contact Import template
- BriteSuite Rules configuration template
- Policy settings
- Claims settings
To access a questionnaire, please submit a request.
Note: On the request form, make sure you select the questionnaire(s) you want to access.
You will need to submit Zendesk tickets for the following before you begin setting up a new site:
- Create a new BriteCore instance from empty-site or copy of the client’s production site.
- Setting up the AWS sub-account takes about two weeks. Submit a ticket to provision an AWS environment for the client.
- Deploy BriteSuite products.
- Add business locations via a script (generate_counties.py). This step is necessary since a new site comes without counties. Counties are loaded when the site is created since US counties change periodically.
- If you anticipate that you will need to bulk import users, agents, and agencies via a spreadsheet (with a predefined format), or convert them into existing contacts.
- Configure BriteAuth/authentication for users.
- isGod permissions access level (this gives you access to permissions and advanced settings).
- Custom Policy number schema: If you will require custom policy numbers schema or a different policy number by line of business.
- Update billing schedules.
- Map Quote roles to contact types.
- Configure BriteDocs.
- Deploy the BriteData-ETL.
- Deploy BriteSuite integration(s).
- Custom styling and themes.
Import from other sites
If you manage an existing site and want to replicate some of the configuration, you can use support tools to:
- Import lines
You can submit a Zendesk ticket to import:
- Underwriting rules
- Deductible groups
- Policy lifecycle settings (per state/policy types)
Additional BriteCore services
Some system functionality and data conversions can’t be performed on the platform by administrators. Administrators can’t perform these services due to access restrictions or for other reasons. In these instances, we recommend engaging BriteCore Services to perform this work for the client. BriteCore can provide these with a separate statement of work (SOW) with either the (partner) administrator or directly with the client.
BriteCore will eventually allow administrators to perform this work once adequate controls and/or system functionality is added.
A non-exhaustive list of these services include:
- Programmatically transfer existing policy data
- Configuring authentication/BriteAuth for the users
- Configure straight-through processing (STP) rules
To facilitate the programmatic transfer of existing policy data, request access to the BriteCore policy data conversion import templates.
Enable advanced settings
Enable the following advanced settings:
- use-bc-ui-nav = true to enable the new UI and BriteSuite navigation.
- enabled_gen3_modules to access lines, documents, rules, quote, policies, claims, and notes.
Set up business locations
To build lines, you first need to set up business locations. Refer to the guide for setting up Business Locations.
Add a primary carrier
This steps brands the BriteCore site with the Carrier’s name. It will also populate the Carrier’s name on deliverables and reports.
Set Policy Number Engine version to 1
Version 1 is the default Policy Number Engine. To create custom policy numbering that supports State and Policy Type, submit a support ticket for this requires database access.
You can use Support Tools to manually set up your nightly processes. Available options include:
- Auto Pay Policies – Trigger automatic payment of policies setup for auto-pay.
- Auto Renew Policies – Trigger automatic creation of renewal revisions
- Run Cancel & Non-Renew Processes – Handles canceling policies that the user has placed into Cancellation Pending, expires policies that were placed into Non-Renew, and generates the corresponding deliverables. This tool does not handle Cancellation Pending for Non-Payment of Premium.
- Run Non-Pay Processes – Handles placing a policy into Cancellation Pending for Non-Payment of Premium, evaluates whether the policy should cancel for Non-Payment of Premium and cancels when appropriate, and generates the corresponding deliverables.
Generate API credentials via the UI
Refer to our how do I get started guide for developers.
BriteQuotes is not configurable at all in the UI. It also has limited support via API. If you want to create a new Line of Business in BriteQuotes in Quotes, you must submit a ticket.
You can however, configure BriteQuote flows via APIs.
Add Agency Contact Lookups
You must associate your BriteQuote flow to the Agency.
Refer to the Page Group documentation for more details.
Import Billing Schedules
To update billing schedules you must submit a support ticket.
Add Contact Role Type Mapping
Add contact mapping to map quote role types. You must submit a support ticket to map role types.
Configure Policies screenflow
To add Policies screenflow refer to our documentation.
Each Line of Business has three Rules projects that are pre-configured for clients and Administrators:
- Quoting rules
- Form attachment rules
- UI controls
For Claims specific rule sets:
- Claims accounting
- Claims notifications
To learn more about Rules, refer to our BriteRules documentation.
BriteCore configures BriteDocs following the steps below:
- Load BriteDocs templates for each site.
- Import custom Docs (if applicable).
- Map a Line of Business to BriteDocs.
- Enable a link between Classic docs and BriteDocs.
Submit a support ticket to configure BriteDocs. Refer to our BriteDocs documentation for more details.
You must submit a support ticket to deploy the BriteData ETL. You can use APIs to retrieve Data.
Configure BriteSuite integrations
You must submit a support ticket to deploy BriteSuite integrations. Refer to our BriteSuite integration documentation to see what’s available.
You can use our APIs to map and transform your data.
Custom styles and themes
Submit a support ticket to request custom styles and themes.
Import users into BriteCore
Import the users spreadsheet into BriteCore using specific formatting provided by BriteCore. BriteCore is responsible for importing users into your site. This step is part of the checklist. On the other hand, some Administrators use our APIs to create tools to automatically import users into the system.
Import agent, agency, and agency group into the system
Import the agent, agency and agency group spreadsheet into BriteCore using specific formatting provided by BriteCore. BriteCore is responsible for importing users into your site. This step is part of the checklist.
Set up contacts in BriteCore
Adjust the roles and related information of the imported users, agent, agency and agency groups in the Contacts module. The Contacts module and associated support tools and settings provide a robust Contact Management system. The Contacts module is accessible to administrators, employees, carriers, and underwriters.
Configure Contacts permissions
To configure permissions for a contact using BriteQuote:
Configure user management permissions in BriteCore
General permissions settings can be configured under Settings within the System Wide Permissions section. The system wide permissions control options for edit/delete privileges and creating/editing permissions for groups of users (these define access by None, Read, or Read/Write).
Steps to set up permissions include:
- Review Role Level Permissions with [Client Name]: Discuss what access the client wants to enable for each role.
- Review System Wide Permissions: Discuss available options for permissions. The settings are granular per role.
- Set up Permission Levels: Set up the permission levels within Settings.
- Assign Permission Levels to Contacts: Add roles to users within the Contact module.
Assign access roles in BriteCore
The BriteCore administrator role is automatically created. To add more roles, refer to our Assign roles to System Access Permissions documentation.
Work with BriteCore to configure authentication within BriteCore. This step is part of the checklist. Steps include:
- Document client federated identity requirements
- Work with the BriteCore to develop a solution
- Enable MFA on the client site
- Enable BriteAuth on client BriteCore instance
- Configure BriteCore SSO
Gather build information from the client
Gather the following information from the client to continue building the site:
- Identify SME, or main POC for correspondence and testing
- Organize and finalize manuals
- Finalize rates (excel file for quickest implementation)
- Finalize business rules
- Prepare a Rater with rating steps if not listed in manual: This is usually in an Excel document format to plug in values and confirm premium
- Provide list of 10-20 sample policies for premium comparison
- Provide PDF of all forms
- Provide a sample declaration page
Configure Policy Lifecycle Settings
Policy Lifecycle is configured within the Settings module under Policies. Select Edit Policy Lifecycle. Refer to the Policy Lifecycle documentation.
- Review Underwriting Cancellation Workflow with the client.
- Select Options for system to follow
- Select Documents to be used
- Configure Earned Premium
- Configure Cancellation Reasons
- Review Non-Renewal Workflow with the client
- Configure Non-Renew Reasons
- Configure Notification for Notice
- Review Continuation Workflow with the client
- Select Enable Continuation of Coverage (Optional)
- Review Expiration Workflow with the client
- Select Options
- Enter Reinstatement Prompt: This only applies to reinstating an actual expired policy (if it’s a policy that’s canceled you won’t see the prompt.) Past the normal notification period (late renewal) …instead of rewriting the policy.
Configure Billing and Payments
Billing is configured within the Settings module under Policies. Select Edit Policy Lifecycle.
- Configure Options
- Set up Billing Schedules
- Set up Write Off Reasons
- Review Billing Workflow with the client
- Set Return Premium Amount
- Set up Options for Public Payment and Agency Sweep
- Configure Payments Options
- Configure Renewals Options
- Configure Length of Non-Pay
- Configure Fees for Non-Pay
- Set Non-Pay Threshold
- Review Non-Pay Workflow with the client
- Set up Reinstatement Fee
- Set up Documents for Reinstatement
- Set up Reinstatement Reasons: This only applies to an expired policy (if you are setting up a reinstatement mid-term policy, you need to fill it out manually.)
- Review Reinstatement Workflow (No Lapse)
Build custom features (if applicable)
If the client requests any custom features. Follow the steps:
- Define Requirements
- Create a Statement of Work with BriteCore
- BriteCore builds the feature
- Client accepts the Feature
Programmatically importing policy data into Britecore requires BriteCore to be involved. The other option would be to manually key in the data.
Conduct Client Training
Steps for client training include:
- Discuss Training Options
- Prepare Agent Training Materials
- Prepare Underwriting Training Materials
- Prepare Billing Training Materials
- Prepare Claims Training Materials
- Conduct Training
Conduct User Acceptance Testing
Steps for User Acceptance Testing include:
- Define Testing Process
- Provide client with Test Plan
- Obtain Sign-Off for client Acceptance
Preparation for Go-Live includes:
- Provide URL to BriteCore for site
- Have DevOps to create site using provided URL and UAT site data
- Enter issue for DevOps to flip site live
- Confirm Integration functionality
- Clear out policies test data from live site
- Clear out contacts test data from live site
- Clear out Claims test data from live site
- Clear out Claims Catastrophe test data from live site
- Confirm company logo and signature
- Confirm deliverables configured
- Confirm final forms uploaded to Lines
- Confirm ratings approved and locked down for Live
- Confirm policy lifecycle settings configured
- Confirm billing schedules and setup
- Confirm Claims > Perils is accurate
- Enter in email addresses for Administrative Alerts
- Create agency group, agency, and agent contacts
- Confirm commission rates
- Confirm Permissions: Agents, Agency, and Agency Groups set up for Day 1
- Confirm redirect/SSO works from client portal
- Confirm postfix settings
- Run pre-live queries
- Confirm Admin Dashboard is set up
- Confirm Agent Dashboard is set up
- Set Up Zendesk
- Obtain Go Live signoff
- Convert test site to production site