Calculations are single-line statements that return a numeric result.
Note: Calculations in BriteLines are the equivalent of evaluations in classic Lines.
In BriteLines, there are four types of calculations:
Important information about calculations:
- Variable calculations:
- Perform the calculation and store it in the reference name.
- Allow other calculations to use their results.
- Allow you to include logic.
- Shared calculations are variable calculations.
- Premium, limit, and deductible calculations result in the item’s premium, limit, and deductible respectively.
When you select Calculations, you can:
- View and edit the existing calculations.
- Select + Add Calculation to add a new calculation.
- Write calculations
- Calculation functions
- Calculation variables
- Pro-rata premium calculations
- Add a calculation to a risk type
- Edit a calculation
- Delete a calculation
- Risk querying
BriteLines training progress