You can change a policy’s renewal status to Non-Renew from the policy header of the policy’s Overview screen.
To change the renewal status to Non-Renew:
- Select Policies and Quotes.
- Search for and access the policy you want to label as non-renew. You will be directed to the policy’s Overview screen.
- In the policy header, select More. A dropdown list will display. See Figure 1.
- Select Non-Renew. The Non-Renew Policy dialog box will open.
- From the Reason dropdown list, select the reason that best describes why the policy shouldn’t be renewed.
- In the Description box, type additional information regarding the decision to non-renew the policy.
- Select Confirm.
When you change a policy’s renewal status to Non-Renew:
- The system will create an entry in the Policy History tab of the Overview screen.
- The system will add a note to the policy’s Notes screen regarding the renewal status change.
- The Non-Renew option will be removed from the dropdown list that opens when you select More.
- If you select Renew Policy on a policy with a Non-Renew renewal status, the option Schedule without changes will appear along with the additional options Now with changes and Now without changes.
- When you select Schedule without changes, the system adds a transaction entry to the Policy History table that indicates the Non-Renew status was rescinded.
- If you select Now with changes or Now without changes, the policy will renew; however, the Non-Renew status won’t be removed.