Insureds may need to change the billing due date to better accommodate their needs. For example, if an insured is paid once per month, on the first day of the month, the insured may need to change the due date to the 1st of the month. If an insured receives Social Security on the 23rd of the month and has a fixed income, the insured may need to change the due date to the 23rd of the month.
To change the billing due date:
- Navigate to the Accounts Receivable screen of the insured’s policy.
- Select the Billing Setup tab.
- In the Billing Maintenance section, navigate to Invoice Due Date.
- Select the Select recurring day radio button. When you do this, the Select recurring day dropdown list will be enabled.
- Select the bill date from the dropdown list.
Note: The options in the dropdown list are the 1st of the month through the 28th of the month. The 29th, 30th, and 31st are not available options as these dates don’t exist in all months.
If there are additional policies linked to the policy you changed the due date on, the Apply Invoice Due Date to Linked Policies link will display in the Invoice Due Date section.
To apply the changed billing due date to linked policies:
- Select the Apply Invoice Due Date to Linked Policies link. The list of policies will appear in the Apply Invoice Due Date to Linked Policies dialog box.
- Select any, all, or none of the linked policies to apply the changed billing due date.
- Select Update.
When you change the billing due date, the date on future invoices will change to reflect the selected due date. If the new due date results in an invoice having the due date of this date or prior, then that invoice won’t be updated, but all future invoices will be updated to reflect the new due date. When you make a due date change on a future, or renewal, term, and the policy has linked policies, the due date change will only apply to the policy, not the linked policies.