You can change the agent or agency of record if needed. For instance, when an agency no longer writes with a carrier, you will need to change the agency of record. To change the agent of record, see Change the agent of record.
You must ensure that the correct button for the Policies advanced setting policy-go-to is selected. If you need to change the agency of record, the agency button of the policy-go-to advanced setting must be selected. If you need to change the policy-go-to advanced setting and can’t do so, contact BriteCore customer service to request the change.
To change the agency of record, navigate to the Contacts module, then search for and select the current agency.
Manually change the agency of record
If there are a limited number of policies linked to the agency, you can manually change the agency of record.
- In the Role section, navigate to the Policies section, and then identify the policy you need to change.
- Select the policy, and BriteCore will direct you to the Revisions tab of the policy.
- Select New next to Revision. The New Revision dialog box will open.
- In the Revision Date boxes, type the effective date of the agency change of record, using the MM/DD/YYYY format.
- Select Done to return to the Revisions tab.
- Navigate to the Agency section.
- In the Name box, update the agency contact.
- Ensure the displayed commission rate is correct.
- Uncheck the Declaration Prints checkbox at the top of the screen so a declaration doesn’t print. Leave the checkbox checked if a new declaration is needed.
- Select Commit Revision. The Confirm pop-up window will open asking, Are you certain you want to permanently commit this revision? Select Yes to commit the revision. If you select No or the X, BriteCore won’t commit the revision.
Note: When you change the agency of record, BriteCore will automatically create the Revision Contact Removed and Revision Contact Updated notes in the Notes section of the policy. BriteCore will also create the Removed from Policy note in the Notes section of the former agency and will create the Added to Policy note in the Notes section of the new agency.
Automatically change the agency of record
If there are several policies linked to the agency, you can automatically change the agency of record.
- Navigate to and select Support Tools at the bottom of any BriteCore screen, and then select Transfer Agency Policies.
- In the Search existing contacts box under Current Agency, type the name of the current agency linked to the policies.
- In the Search existing contacts box under New Agency, type the name of the new agency linked to the policies.
- In the Date Effective box, use the date picker to choose the effective date of the change.
- Use the toggle button to turn the option to print declarations for affected policies on or off.
- Select Update Policies. The Successful Policies pop-up window will open with a list of the transferred policies. Select OK to close the window.
Note: BriteCore will create a Changed Agency note in the Notes section of the policy. BriteCore will create a Policies Reassigned note in the Notes section of both the former and new agencies. Included in the Policies Reassigned note is the automatically generated ID number.
Deactivate the former agency of record
If the former agency of record is inactive, you can deactivate it.
- At the top of the contact screen next to the agency’s name, select the flag to change it from white to orange. The flag will show when the contact is searched, indicating that there is important information about the contact.
- Select Edit under Name in the Information tab. In the Name box, add the word INACTIVE in front of the contact’s name, such as INACTIVE – Test Insurance Agency.
- Navigate to the Dates to Remember section of the Information tab. Select New, and then add the date of inactivity for the agency.
- In the Role section, select the Agency is Inactive checkbox.
- If you no longer want the agency to access the agent portal, remove the username and password, and then select Save. The Save Completed pop-up window will open.
Note: If you want to grant access for a given amount of time, create a Note Alert in the Notes tab of the contact with the reminder to remove the password and username at a specific future date. See Create a note and Add an alert.
If the former agency of record was listed as the Bill Whom, you will need to select a new Bill Whom.
- Select the Accounts Receivable tab.
- Navigate to Billing Setup.
- From the Bill Whom dropdown list, select a contact from the list. BriteCore will automatically save the new Bill Whom. BriteCore will create the Recurring Bill Whom Updated note in the Notes section of the policy.
- Ensure the displayed billing information is accurate.