With the claim-custom-status advanced setting, you can add your own company’s claim status codes in BriteCore by typing the status(es) inside quotation marks between the brackets in the Setting Value box. Once created, your own status values will display in the following BriteCore areas:
- In the Claims List Filter By dropdown list.
- In the Claims List table under the Status column.
- On the Status Edit option in the claim header in the Provider Administrator portal.
- In the Status dropdown list in the Provider Administrator portal.
- In Reports on reports where claim status settings display.
This setting requires typing the custom claim status(es) in the Setting Value box.
By default, the claim-custom-status Setting Value box is blank, so there aren’t custom claim statuses.
Changing the default
To change the default, navigate to Settings > Advanced and search for claim-custom-status. In the Setting Value box, type the claim status(es) you want to add. You must type the claim status(es) inside quotation marks between the brackets in the Setting Value box. If you’re adding more than one status, use commas to separate each status within the brackets.
When you add a custom status, there are certain words you must avoid using in your custom status, because they would trigger responses that would result in system failure. Don’t use the following words: