Claims adjusters, supervisors, and auditors want the ability to view the history of a claim to see how the claim evolved. The Claims Activity log provides a record of activity that occurs on a claim from FNOL to when the claim is closed. The ability to view and access the Claims Activity log depends on your role.
You can’t update or remove the entries recorded in the Claims Activity log. Claims Activity entries occur automatically when information is created, added, removed, updated, or deleted; when an email is sent; when a custom action is completed; and when the claim status is changed. The fields that trigger a Claims Activity log entry are configurable.
Entries in the Claims Activity log include:
- A tag that defines the type of activity that occurred.
- A brief description of the activity.
- The username of the party responsible for the recorded claim activity.
- A date and timestamp of when the claim activity occurred.
- A table that displays more detailed information about the activity that occurred, such as the impacted field(s), the original value of the field(s), and the new value of the field(s).
Entries in the Claims Activity log appear in descending order, so the most recent entry appears at the top and the oldest entry appears at the bottom of the log.
Note: Updates made to payments and reserves in the Accounting screen are recorded in the Accounting Transactions table; they aren’t recorded in the Claims Activity log. Updates made to parties, aside from adding or removing party roles, are recorded in the Party Details dialog box; they aren’t recorded in the Claims Activity log. Updates made to party roles are recorded in the Claims Activity log.
Access the Claims Activity log
Depending on your role and permissions, you can access the Claims Activity log from the claim file of a claim. The Claims Activity log can’t be accessed from the exposure file.
To access the Claims Activity log:
- From any screen on the claim file level, navigate to the right sidebar. Depending on user role and permissions, you may see three icons.
- Select the clock icon. The Claims Activity log will open.
Note: If you hover over the icon, Claims Activity will display in a tooltip.
Currently, the ability to search the Claims Activity log or filter the Claims Activity log by specific information isn’t enabled.
Soon, you will be able to:
- Search and filter the Claims Activity log by the following criteria:
- Date range
- Category of activity
- Action completed.
For auditors, you may be asked to submit a report concerning activity performed on a claim. To improve your ability to do this, BriteClaims has added the Export All Activity link. Soon, you will be able to export the Claims Activity log into a PDF or .csv file by selecting Export All Activity.