When you first access Claims, you’re directed to the Claims Home screen. From the Claims Home screen, you can view and access claims, filter your claims list view, search for claims, further filter the claims list by specific claim components, view exposures attached to a claim, and create a new claim. See Figure 1 and the below descriptions to further understand the features of the Claims Home screen.
- Search box: Search for a claim by typing the claim number, claimant or insured’s name, or policy ID associated with the claim. When you select Search or press Enter/Return on your keyboard, claims matching your search criteria will be generated.
- View Lists By: The View Lists By feature allows you to filter your view of the claims list. The dropdown list presents you with options for different views of the claims list. See Figure 2.
- Filters: You can further filter your search results or your view of the claims list by selecting various claim filters. See Figure 3.
- + New Claim: The + New Claim button directs you to the Policy Search screen of the new first notice of loss (FNOL) process.
- Claims list: The claims list table provides important information about the claims displayed on the list. The claims list table includes the following columns:
- Claim: This column displays the Claim ID and the date and time of the loss event. In the Claim column, you will also see a number with a folder tree icon next to it. The number indicates the number of exposures associated with the claim.
- Insured: The Insured column displays the named insured associated with the policy the claim is filed on. If the claim is New, only the insured’s name will display. If the claim is Open, the insured’s name and the city and state associated with the policy will appear.
- Policy: The Policy column displays the Policy ID and Policy Type associated with the claim.
- Loss Cause/Peril: The Loss Cause/Peril column displays the perils associated with the claim. The Loss Cause/Peril column is populated by the Cause/Peril section in the claim file’s Details screen.
- Tags: The Tags column displays any tags assigned to the claim file. Tags applied to the exposure file won’t populate in this column.
- Primary Adjuster: The Primary Adjuster column displays the name of the primary adjuster and the date the primary adjuster was assigned.
- Status: The Status column displays the status of the claim.
- Claim ID link: The claim ID link displays the claim ID associated with the claim. If you select the claim ID link, you will be directed to the Details screen of the claim file.
To view exposures associated with a claim from the Claims Home screen, select the row of the claim you want to view exposures for and the exposures list table will open. See Figure 4.
- Exposures list: The exposures list table includes the following columns:
- Coverage: The Coverage column displays the exposure ID and the coverage type associated with the exposure.
- Claimant: The Claimant column displays the name of the claimant associated with the exposure, as well as the city and state associated with the claimant.
- Loss/Injury: The Loss/Injury column displays the type of loss or injury associated with the exposure.
- Tags: The Tags column displays any tags assigned to the specific exposure.
- Exposure Adjuster: The Exposure Adjuster column displays the name of the adjuster assigned to the specific exposure and the date the exposure adjuster was assigned.
- Status: The Status column displays the status of the exposure.
- Exposure ID and Coverage link: The exposure ID and coverage link display the exposure ID and the type of coverage associated with the exposure. If you select the link, you will be directed to the Details screen of the Exposure file.
Actions you can complete in the Claims Home screen
- Search for a claim and filter the claims list
- Add new FNOL and new claim
- Access a claim file and exposure file from the Claims Home screen