This guide walks SI partners through setting up the classic BriteCore platform. The classic BriteCore platform is built to be highly configurable out of the box. However, there are some limitations for SI partners. In this guide, we will discuss the limitations and identify ways to work around them to bolster the partnership experience.
SI partners don’t have database or command line access to BriteCore. This means you will have to submit Zendesk tickets to set up certain aspects of the site. Since each ticket takes time to resolve, we suggest you submit the tickets when you request a new site.
Refer to your service level agreement (SLA) for specific timelines on ticket resolution.
Walkthrough the configuration questionnaires with the client prior to setting up the site to cover what settings/options are available.
Important: Access to the configuration questionnaires requires an NDA and authentication.
Checklist to start
Here’s a checklist of items you need to submit Zendesk tickets for before you begin to set up a new site. Submit a request to:
- Create a new BriteCore instance from empty-site or a copy of the client’s production site.
- Add business locations via a script (generate_counties.py). This step is necessary since a new site comes without the counties. These are loaded when the site is created since US counties change periodically.
- Bulk import users, agents, and agencies via a spreadsheet (with a predefined format), or to convert them into existing contacts.
- Configure BriteAuth/authentication for users.
- Obtain the isGod permissions access level (this gives you access to permissions, underwriting Rules, and advanced settings).
- Obtain log access for APIs.
- Obtain custom policy numbers schema or a different policy number by Line of Business.
Import from other sites
If you manage an existing site and want to replicate some of the configuration, you can use support tools to import lines.
You can submit a Zendesk ticket to import:
- Underwriting rules.
- Deductible groups.
- Policy lifecycle settings (per state/policy types).
Additional BriteCore services
Some system functionality and data conversions can’t be performed on the platform by SI partners due to access restrictions or for other reasons. In these instances, we recommend engaging BriteCore Services to perform this work. The Services team can provide these with a separate SOW with either the SI or directly with the client.
BriteCore will eventually allow SI partners to perform this work once adequate controls and/or system functionality are added.
Some of these services include:
- Programmatically transfer existing policy data.
- Configuring authentication/BriteAuth for the users.
- Configure straight-through processing (STP) rules.
To obtain your API credentials, refer to How do I get started?
Set business locations
To build lines, you must first set up business locations.
Add and assign a primary carrier
These steps brand the BriteCore site with the carrier’s name. It will also populate the carrier’s name on deliverables and reports.
Attach an agency to a policy
By default, BriteCore associates a policy to an agent, which limits access to the policy information to the listed agent. However, as a best practice, we recommend attaching a policy to an agency rather than a single agent. This allows other agents within the agency to access the policy information in case the assigned agent isn’t available.
To set a policy to an agency, use the advanced setting policy-go-to.
Configure related advanced settings
The following advanced settings are available and are enabled by default on a new site.
- Enable new policy search
- Enable new Accounts Receivable screen
- Enable new Notes screens:
Enter first lines of business effective date
Create an effective date for your first line of business. In BriteCore, effective dates provide a chronological reference for managing versions of your coverages (lines of business) and rates. Effective dates serve as a historical record of changes over time and tie your lines setup and rates to a particular date in time.
Configure user management
General user management settings can be configured in Settings > Modules > Contacts. The following settings are available:
- Set up New Contact dialog box fields
- Manage legal entity types
- Establish active fields in BriteCore
- Manage duplicate SSNs
- Set up touchpoints
- Configure commission payments
- Set up commission structures
- Select how to print Commission Reports
Import users into BriteCore
Import the users spreadsheet into BriteCore using specific formatting provided by BriteCore’s Identity team, which is responsible for importing users into BriteCore. This step is part of the checklist. On the other hand, some SI partners use our APIs to create tools to automatically import users into the system.
Import the agent, agency, and agency group spreadsheet
Import the agent, agency and agency group spreadsheet into BriteCore using specific formatting provided by the Identity team. The Identity team in BriteCore is responsible for importing users into BriteCore. This step is part of the checklist.
Set up contacts in BriteCore
Adjust the roles and related information of the imported users, agents, agencies, and agency groups in the Contacts module. The Contacts module and associated support tools and settings provide a robust contact management system. The Contacts module is accessible to administrators, employees, carriers, and underwriters.
Configure user management permissions in BriteCore
General permissions settings can be configured in Settings > System Wide > Permissions, including options for edit/delete privileges and creating/editing permissions for groups of users (these define access by None, Read, or Read/Write).
Steps to set up permissions include:
- Review role level permissions with [Client Name]: Discuss what access the client wants to enable for each role.
- Review system-wide permissions: Discuss available options for permissions. The settings are granular per role.
- Set up permission levels: Set up the permission levels within Settings.
- Assign permission levels to contacts: Add roles to users within the Contacts module.
Work with the identity team to configure authentication within BriteCore. This step is part of the checklist. Steps include:
- Document client federated identity requirements.
- Work with the Identity team to develop a solution.
- Enable multi-factor authentication (MFA) on the client site.
- Enable BriteAuth on client BriteCore instance.
- Configure BriteCore SSO.
Configure general Lines settings
General Lines settings can be configured in Settings > Modules > Lines. The settings available include:
- Configure options.
- Configure Persistent Builder options.
- Configure annual premium rounding.
Gather build information from the client
Gather the following information from the client to continue building the site:
- Identify subject matter expert or main point of contact for correspondence and testing.
- Organize and finalize manuals.
- Finalize rates (excel file for quickest implementation).
- Finalize business rules.
- Prepare a rater with rating steps if not listed in manual. This is usually in an Excel document format to plug in. values and confirm premium.
- Provide a list of 10–20 sample policies for premium comparison.
- Provide PDF of all forms.
- Provide a sample declaration page.
Configure Lines for a BOP policy type (generic)
The list below outlines the steps in configuring Lines for a generic Business Owners Policy (BOP). BOP combines business property and business liability insurance into one policy.
- Request new Toggl tag for client and Line of Business.
- Gather documents and review.
- Set up Lines.
- Configure business locations.
- Create an initial Lines effective date, Line of Business, and Policy Type.
- Configure Lines settings.
- Configure Rating information Line Item.
- Configure property coverages.
- Configure optional property coverages.
- Configure liability coverages.
- Attach Forms.
- Configure business rules and underwriting rules.
- Perform QA and UAT.
Repeat this step if needed for multiple lines of business or locations.
Configure Agent portal
The Agent portal is configured in Settings > Modules > Agent Portal.
- Select Use Wizard: This is set in Advanced Settings.
- Configure BriteQuote payment.
- Configure BriteQuote binding authority.
- Configure BriteQuote options.
- Set term lengths and suspensions for BriteQuote.
- Add agent dashboard text.
Configure policy management
Policy management is configured in Settings > Modules > Policies.
- Disable notes edit
- Configure contacts: Add additional interests to a policy.
- Configure policy numbers: Configure Version 1 policy number engine. Applies policy number schema to all policy types. Advanced setting for Version 2 policy number engine (for SI partners you need to get into the database).
- Select terms: Length of policy term 1 year, 9 months, 6 months, etc.
- Select Do Not Collect Property CAT Data: Displays CAT data on the Property tab. Select No.
- Set up fees: Global fees for processing like NSF for endorsement fees.
- Select Accounts Receivable options.
- Set up processing: Manual or automatic. If automatic, it controls three things:
- Email copies of deliverables to agents, the emails will be sent out automatically (if the print state is TBD and email state is to be emailed).
- If they use the INVISTA mortgagee info (automatically send those files).
- Monthly commission will be emailed to agents accepting them electronically.
- Select Attachments options.
Configure Policy Lifecycle settings
Policy Lifecycle settings are configured in Settings > Modules > Policies. Select Edit under Policy Lifecycle. Refer to the Policy Lifecycle documentation.
- Review underwriting cancellation workflow with the client.
- Select options for the system to follow.
- Select documents to be used.
- Configure earned premium.
- Configure cancellation reasons.
- Review non-renewal workflow with the client.
- Configure non-renew reasons.
- Configure notification for notice.
- Review continuation workflow with the client.
- Select enable continuation of coverage (optional).
- Review expiration workflow with the client.
- Select options.
Review endorsements with the client
Review endorsement workflows with the client, including:
- Review back-dated endorsement workflow.
- Review future-dated endorsement workflow.
- Review out-of-sequence endorsement workflow.
Configure billing and payments
Billing is configured in Settings > Modules > Policies. Select Edit under Policy Lifecycle. Refer to the Policy Lifecycle documentation.
- Configure options.
- Set up billing schedules.
- Set up write off reasons.
- Review billing workflow with the client.
- Configure payments options.
- Configure renewals options.
- Configure length of non-pay.
- Configure fees for non-pay.
- Set non-pay threshold.
- Review non-pay workflow with the client.
- Set up reinstatement fee.
- Set up documents for reinstatement.
- Review reinstatement workflow (no lapse).
Documents are configured in Settings > Deliverables. Review the classic Deliverables documentation for more details.
- Allow advanced template editor: set render_enabled = true
- Enable Endorsement Forms: include-forms-as-attachments = true
- Print Endorsement Forms: always_print_forms = true
- Show Form Descriptions, Scheduled Items and others: Settings > Deliverables
- Upload logo
- Upload signature graphic
- Enter header information
- Select agent/agency display on deliverables
- Select deliverable options
- Configure declaration
- Configure installment billing statement
- Configure initial billing statement
- Configure renewal billing statement
- Configure amended billing statement
- Configure notice of non-Renewal
- Configure notice of cancellation (underwriting)
- Configure notice of cancellation non-payment of premium
- Configure confirmation of cancellation
- Configure notice of reinstatement
- Configure claim acknowledgment letter
- Configure pre-authorized payment schedule
- Configure return premium notice
- Configure quote summary
- Configure policy application
- Configure continuation of coverage – nonPay
- Configure continuation of coverage – other
- Configure reminder notice – renewal billing offer
- Configure endorsement summary
- Configure payoff balance summary
- Configure custom deliverable 1
- Configure custom deliverable 2
Configure claims management
Claims are configured in Settings > Modules > Claims. Review the Claims settings documentation. The settings include:
- Select options for Claims.
- Configure claim numbers.
- Set up adjuster assignment.
- Set up payment classification.
- Enter process claims agent email body.
Integrations are configured in Settings > Vendors. The settings include:
- Google Drive
- Check / Cash / Money Order File Uploads
- Microsoft Dynamics
- Plum Voice
- Silvervine (Primoris) Payment Service
- Intacct by SS&C Solutions
- Stone River PTE
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Hartford Steam Boiler (HSB)
- Munich Re Inland Flood Coverage
- Mutual Boiler Reinsurance (MBRe)
- Travelers Boiler Re
- File Upload (BBT)
- Mutual Inspection Bureau (MIB)
- Reliable Reports
- PNC Lockbox
- ISO Verisk – 360 Value
- AIR Worldwide
- ISO Verisk – APLUS Reporting and ISO Loss History
- ISO Verisk – Credit Scoring
- ISO Motor Vehicle Reports
- Lexis Nexis – C.L.U.E Property (Loss History)
- Lexis Nexis – Credit Scoring
Reports are configured by the Solution Architecture team. The steps include:
- Review list of stock reports.
- Discuss month-end reporting needs.
- Demonstrate BriteData.
- Share data dictionary.
Build custom features (if applicable)
This applies if the client requests any custom features. The steps include:
- Define requirements.
- Create a Statement of Work with BriteCore.
- BriteCore builds the feature.
- Client accepts the feature.
Importing policy data into Britecore requires an engagement with BriteCore services. The other option is to manually input the data.
Conduct client training
Steps for client training include:
- Discuss training options.
- Prepare agent training materials.
- Prepare underwriting training materials.
- Prepare billing training materials.
- Prepare claims training materials.
- Conduct training.
Conduct user acceptance testing
Steps for user acceptance testing include:
- Define the testing process.
- Provide the client with a test plan.
- Obtain sign-off for client acceptance.
Preparation for Go-Live includes:
- Provide URL to BriteCore for site.
- Have DevOps to create site using provided URL and UAT site data.
- Enter issue for DevOps to flip site live.
- Confirm integration functionality.
- Clear out policies test data from live site.
- Clear out contacts test data from live site.
- Clear out claims test data from live site.
- Clear out claims catastrophe test data from live site.
- Clear out reports & report attachment test data from live site.
- Confirm custom reports on Prod.
- Confirm company logo and signature.
- Confirm deliverables configured.
- Confirm final forms uploaded to Lines.
- Confirm ratings approved and locked down for Live.
- Confirm policy lifecycle settings configured.
- Confirm billing schedules and setup.
- Confirm Claims > Perils is accurate.
- Confirm MassPrinting is set up and able to run getToBePrinted API call.
- Enter in email addresses for Administrative Alerts.
- Create agency group, agency, and agent contacts.
- Confirm commission rates.
- Confirm Permissions: Agents, Agency, and Agency Groups set up for Day 1.
- Confirm redirect/SSO works from Cameron Portal.
- Confirm postfix settings.
- Run pre-live queries.
- Confirm Admin Dashboard is set up.
- Confirm Agent Dashboard is set up.
- Set Up Zendesk.
- Obtain Go-Live sign-off.
- Convert test site to production site.