You can manually clear checks in the Transactions table of the Accounting screen of a claim file or exposure file. You can only clear checks on transactions with a transaction Type of Payment and a Status of Posted.
To manually clear a check for a transaction, access the Accounting screen of the claim or exposure file, and:
- In the Transactions table, navigate to a transaction with a transaction Type of Payment and a Status of Posted.
- Navigate to the Actions column of the transaction and select the ellipsis. A dropdown will open.
- Select Clear Check. The Manually Clear Check dialog box will open.
- In the Check Number box, type the check number of the check you want to clear.
- In the Check Date box, use the date picker to select the date that appears on the check you want to clear.
- In the Cleared Date box, use the date picker to select the clear date for the check.
- When you’re finished, select Save to manually clear the check. Select Cancel to return to the Accounting screen without clearing the check.
After you manually clear a check, the information you entered in the Manually Clear Check dialog box will populate the following columns in the Transactions table: Check Number, Check Date, and Clear Date.