To endorse or make changes to a policy, you must create a revision. Once you make the desired changes to the policy, you must commit the revision for the changes to take effect.
To commit a revision:
- In the BriteCore menu, select Policies.
- On the Policy List screen, select a policy number to open a policy.
- Select Commit Revision to open the Commit Revision dialog box.
Note: If you commit a revision and the policy status is Submitted, the Confirm dialog box will open instead of the Commit Revision dialog box. Move to step 5.
- Verify the changes to the policy, premium, and fees displayed in the dialog are correct.
- Select OK. A Confirm dialog box will appear asking you to confirm you want to permanently commit the revision.
- Select Yes.
- Another Confirm dialog box will open with the following message:
Creating a renewal can sometimes take longer than expected. Because of this you have the option to create this renewal in the background and receive an email when complete or you can choose to wait on the page until the process is complete. If you would like to process the renewal in the background click yes.
- If you select No, the revision will process with a loading screen as usual. If you select Yes, the revision will process in the background, which will allow you to navigate away from the screen to complete other tasks. If you choose to process the revision in the background:
- While the revision processes, the policy screen will be locked and you won’t be able to complete additional tasks on the policy until the revision finishes processing.
- You won’t be able to complete additional revisions while a revision is processing in the background.
- When the revision is finished processing, an email will be sent to you notifying you that the revision is complete.
The setting value in advanced setting allow-commit-revision-at-old-led may impact the steps to commit a revision.