When you add information to a batch manually or through a .csv file, it is possible to encounter errors. Errors can occur based on inaccurate policy numbers or invoice codes, discrepancies in the Amt. Owed and Amt. Paid columns, and missing information.
Policy number or invoice code errors
When you add a payment entry by policy number/invoice code, and the policy number/invoice code doesn’t register with the system or isn’t entered correctly, the following message will appear:
At least one entry couldn’t be saved. Double check the policy numbers you are trying to enter into the system.
BriteCore will highlight the row of the payment entry with the error. Select the cell in the primary column and an additional error message will appear.
It appears a payment cannot be made on Policy No. <policy number>. It might be entered incorrectly, or it might not be a valid policy in the system.
Review the policy/invoice number entered. Re-enter the policy number/invoice code associated with the payment you want to add. If an error message continues to appear, ensure the policy status is Active. You can’t enter payments on Unsubmitted Applications, Submitted Applications (by default), Internal Quotes, Rejected Applications, or Historical Policies. If you enter the policy number/invoice code for a canceled or expired policy, an error message will appear, such as:
Policy No. <policy number> is Canceled.
CSV upload errors
When you select a file to upload to the batch, ensure the file’s extension is .csv before selecting Process file in the File Upload dialog box. If you select a file without a .csv extension, the following error message will appear:
An error occurred while processing the uploaded file.
Select OK and select the file with a .csv extension.
The .csv file can have the following headings:
In the .csv file, headings and values must be separated by commas. If you upload a .csv file that doesn’t contain headings that match those identified, an error message will appear. For example, if you attempt to upload a .csv file that doesn’t have the paid_amount heading or payment entries, this message will appear:
No payment entries were found in the file.
Select OK and update the file as necessary, or upload a different file.
Import payment error
After you have added the payment entries you want to add to the batch by either typing the policy number(s)/invoice code(s) or by copying and pasting the policy number(s)/invoice code(s), you can import the payments. However, if there is an error in the batch, the payments won’t be imported, and you will receive an error message:
There was an error while trying to import your entries. Check the status column for more information.
The status of the payment entry or entries that prompted the error message will be Unresolved. This will display as a link in the Status column. To resolve this issue:
- Select the Unresolved link in the Status column. A message that further explains the issue will display:
You must resolve the amount paid for Policy No. <policy number> before it can be applied.
- Select an option from the How do you want to distribute this amount? dropdown list.
- If the value in the Amt. Paid column is less than the value in the Amt. Owed column, select Allow Underpayment, Equity Invoice, Change Billing Schedule Point Forward (preserve existing), or Change Billing Schedule For Term (regenerate). If you select Change Billing Schedule Point Forward or Change Billing Schedule for Term, you will be prompted to select a billing schedule from the Which billing schedule should be used? dropdown list.
- If the value in the Amt. Paid column is more than the value in the Amt. Owed column, select Keep Credit and Apply to Future Balances, Move Difference to Return Premium, Change Billing Schedule Point Forward (preserve existing), or Change Billing Schedule For Term (regenerate). If you select Change Billing Schedule Point Forward or Change Billing Schedule for Term, you will be prompted to select a billing schedule from the Which billing schedule should be used? dropdown list.
- If the payment entry is on a canceled policy, select: Make Payment but Do Not Reinstate Policy.