When setting up a new instance of BriteCore, you can expedite the process by using the Copy Underwriting Rules feature to copy underwriting rules to a new effective date, state, and policy type. This saves you time when configuring your insurance products.
To copy underwriting rules:
- Depending on your UI configuration, you can navigate to Support Tools in one of the following ways:
- Navigate to the footer of any BriteCore module screen and select Support Tools.
- Navigate to and select the user profile icon in the top-right of the screen.
- Select Resources at the bottom of the dropdown list.
- Select Support Tools.
- Navigate to the Lines section, and then select Copy Underwriting Rules.
- On the Copy Underwriting Rules screen, complete the following steps:
- In the From Effective Date dropdown list, select the effective date of the line of business you want to copy underwriting rules from.
- In the From State dropdown list, select the state you want to copy underwriting rules from.
- In the From Policy Type dropdown list, select the policy types you want to copy underwriting rules from.
- Once you select a From Policy Type, the Underwriting Rule(s) dropdown displays. Select the underwriting rules to copy from the dropdown list. You can make multiple selections.
- Select and delete a rule to remove it from the list.
- In the To Effective Date dropdown list, select the effective date of the line of business you want to copy underwriting rules to.
- In the To State dropdown list, select the state you want to underwriting rules items to.
- In the To Policy Type dropdown list, select the policy types you want to copy underwriting rules to.
- Select Automatically infer new line item references based on line item names? to allow the system to automatically match lines of business based on their names and to products with similar setups.
- Select Copy.
- A pop-up window displays and asks Are you sure you want to copy these (N) underwriting rules? and provides a summary of your selections. Select Yes, Copy.
- If the system can’t find matching line items for the underwriting rules you selected, a dialog box will display and ask you to manually match the policy type item.
- Select Apply and Proceed with Copy.
Note: You must select a policy type that contains underwriting rules in the system; otherwise, you will receive an error message.
A confirmation message displays stating Success! The underwriting rules were copied.