In Lines, you can version products. When you create a new product version, it doesn’t affect the published version.
All product versions are independent of each other; they don’t affect one another.
Example: If you create a new version of auto, it doesn’t affect homeowners.
When you create and publish a new product version:
- Anything written against the old version won’t change.
- Anything written after the effective date of the new version will be written against the new version.
To create a new product version:
- In the BriteCore menu, select Lines.
- In the Lines of Business list, select the applicable line of business.
- On the Line Overview screen, in the Products menu, navigate to and select the product you want to create a new version of.
- On the Product Overview screen, select the Product Version box, and then select Create a New Version.
- In the Create a New Version dialog box, complete the following steps:
- In the Name box, type the name of the new version.
- In the Effective Date box, do one of the following:
- Type the new effective date.
- On the calendar, navigate to and select the new effective date.
- In the Description box, type a description of the new version.
- Select Save Version.
The new version appears. You can view the new version’s information in the Product Version box.