Effective dates for rules serve as historical records of changes over time. An effective date ties a rule to a particular date in time.
Example: If you choose the effective date January 1, the rule will be effective on and after January 1.
Create a rules effective date
Each project has an effective date, but you create a new effective date. When you create a new rules effective date, the rules from the previous effective date don’t copy to the new effective date.
Note: A new rules effective date doesn’t need to be associated with a lines effective date (LED), allowing you to implement a rule change independently of an LED.
To create a new rules effective date:
- In the BriteCore menu, select Rules.
- On the Rules screen, in the Projects menu, use the arrows to navigate to and select the applicable project.
- On the project screen, select the Effective Date box, and then select Manage effective dates.
- On the Effective dates screen, select Create new Effective Date.
- In the New Effective Date dialog box, complete the following steps:
- In the Name box, type the name of the effective date.
- Below Effective Date, select the date box, and then select the applicable date.
- In the Description box, type a description, and then select Save.
Learn how to manage effective dates for rules.