When setting up the QuickBooks Web Connector, clients will need to contact BriteCore to create an IWSWebSvc.qwc (IWS Web Service) file for their BriteCore-QuickBooks transactions.
Note: If a client provides a username and password they want to use for BriteCore-Quickbooks transactions, use the username and password they provide in steps 5 and 6.
To create an IWSWebSvc.qwc (IWS Web Service) file:
- SSH (Secure Shell) into the site where you’re configuring the integration.
Note: Log in as the ubuntu user following the SSH into an Instance / Access the Shell instructions.
- In the shell, type vendor, and then press Enter/Return.
- Type generate_qwc_file, and then press Enter/Return.
- When prompted for the client’s URL, complete one of the following steps:
- If the URL at the beginning of the line is correct, press Enter/Return.
- If there isn’t a URL at the beginning of the line or the URL is incorrect, type the URL in the format specified in parentheses, and then press Enter/Return.
- When prompted for a username, either create a username or type the username the client provided, and then press Enter/Return.
Note: Save the username.
- When prompted for a password, either create a password or type the password the client provided, and then press Enter/Return.
Note: Save the password.
- After you receive a message stating the file has been generated, save the file’s file path.
- Use the following format to securely copy the file to your computer: tsh scp githubusername@schuyler-Leader-0547083f6e76e4d38:/srv/www/britecore/IWSWebSvc.qwc~/Downloads
The file path you previously saved: /srv/www/britecore/IWSWebSvc.qwc.
The folder you want to save the file in on your computer: Downloads.
- Send the file, username, and password to the client.