In BriteCore, effective dates provide a chronological reference for managing versions of coverages (lines of business) and rates. Effective dates serve as a historical record of changes over time.
To create an effective date:
- In the BriteCore menu, select Lines.
- On the Effective Dates screen, select Add a New Effective Date.
- In the Effective Date dialog box, complete the following steps:
- In the Date boxes, type the date the effective date will take effect.
- In the Description box, type a description for the effective date.
- Select Done.
Note: A Message pop-up window will appear with the following message:
A copy of previous effective date data is being moved to the new date behind the scenes. If there is an email address associated with your login, you will receive an email when it is complete.