Dropbox is a file hosting service that offers cloud storage, file synchronization, and client software.
Note: In BriteCore, the Dropbox integration is a disaster recovery solution if you must print your deliverables offsite.
BriteCore print jobs are uploaded to folders inside your Dropbox application during nightly processing. Three days’ worth of print jobs is sorted within Dropbox, and then the fourth-day print job replaces the first day.
To set up Dropbox:
- In your web browser, navigate to Dropbox.
- On the Dropbox homepage, in the Sign up section, complete the following steps:
- In the First name box, type your first name.
- In the Last name box, type your last name.
- In the Email box, type your email address.
- In the Password box, type a password.
- Select Dropbox Terms to review the terms of service, and then select I agree to the Dropbox Terms.
- Select Sign up.
- At the bottom of the Try out the best of Dropbox for free screen, select Or continue with 2 GB Dropbox Basic plan.
Note: Dropbox provides users with 2GB of free space, which is enough space to store approximately 174,000 two-page PDFs. A normal two-page PDF needs approximately 12KB of storage.
- When prompted, download and install the Dropbox application.
To set up Dropbox in BriteCore:
- In the BriteCore menu, select Settings.
- In the Settings menu, select Vendors.
- On the Vendors screen, in the Download Solutions section, select Dropbox.
- Next to Dropbox, select the edit icon .
- In the Dropbox dialog box, sign in to your Dropbox account to connect it to BriteCore.
- In the Allow BriteCore Print Backups dialog box, select Allow.
Note: Once your account has finished initializing, Dropbox will redirect you to the BriteCore Vendor screen.
Each evening, your print job will be automatically pushed to Dropbox.