When the max-year-for-age-categories advanced setting is set to endorsement, agents or administrators can:
- Select the endorsement year for age rating on endorsements prior to renewal.
- Use the age category to report that a roof was replaced prior to renewal.
- Modify the Rate and Save in Policy Builder with the current year.
To enable the max-year-for-age-categories advanced setting:
- Log in as an Administrator.
- In the BriteCore menu, select Settings.
- On the Settings screen, select Advanced.
- On the Advanced Settings screen, in the search box, type max-year-for-age-categories.
- In the max-year-for-age-categories box, select endorsement.
Warning: Reverting the max-year-for-age-categories setting can leave revisions with invalid age categories, which requires a data fix.
Tip: You can use the Brite Shell tool under Britecore Shell > settings > current year prior renewal to identify any policies with age categories containing values that don’t function under the old process.