You can endorse a policy to make changes to the policy during the policy’s term. BriteCore also supports out-of-sequence endorsements for auto policies.
Endorse a policy
To endorse a policy:
- Select Policies and Quotes.
- On the Policy Search screen, select a policy to open it.
- In the policy header, select Endorse Policy.
- In the Endorsement date box, type or select the endorsement’s effective date.
- Select Confirm.
- Follow the onscreen steps to make changes to the policy.
BriteCore automatically saves the changes you make; you can leave the endorsement and return to it later if you need to.
Once you’ve made the changes you want, the endorsement will go through the underwriting workflow and straight-through processing (STP), and then it can be bound.
If there’s an open endorsement on an auto policy, a flag will display at the top of the policy header (Figure 1). Select continue endorsement to make changes to the open endorsement, or select discard endorsement to delete the open endorsement. You won’t be able to select Endorse Policy to start a new endorsement until the open endorsement is submitted or discarded.
Note: BriteCore allows only one open endorsement on an auto policy at a time.
Discard an endorsement
You can discard an endorsement using the Discard Endorsement button at the bottom of an open endorsement or the discard endorsement link in the flag on the policy header (Figure 1).
Discard an endorsement from the endorsement
- Select Discard Endorsement.
- Select Yes.
You will be redirected to the policy’s Overview screen.
Discard an endorsement from the policy
- In the flag on the policy header, select discard endorsement.
- Select Discard.
The flag will disappear from the policy header, and you will be able to use the Endorse Policy link to start a new endorsement