If your provider enables the settings for claims, you can file a claim through three screens in the portal:
- From the Claims card on the Dashboard.
- From the File a New Claim link under the Claims list.
- From the Details tab on the Policy screen.
To file a claim from the Details tab on the Policy screen:
- Log in to the Policyholder portal using one of the options below:
- Scroll to the Dwelling Property card. Your access to policy details depends on how many policies you have:
- If you have a single policy, select View Policy.
- If you have multiple policies, select the address link of the policy you want to view.
- On the Details tab, select the File a Claim button at the top.
- On the File a Claim screen, verify your Policy Number. This is prepopulated from the policy’s details.
- Select the Location from the dropdown list, if you have more than one location. Otherwise, the location will be preselected.
- The Loss Date defaults to the current date. To enter a new date, type in the Loss Date or select the down arrow to select a date from the calendar date picker. Select X to clear the date. Select the small up and down arrows to go up or down each date field.
- Type in the relevant details of the claim in Loss Description.
- To upload a photo, select Upload Photos. In your Windows Explorer or Finder application, navigate to the photo you want to upload and select Open.
- Select Submit Claim.
- A pop-up window displays confirming your successful submission: Your claim was successfully submitted. An adjuster will be contacting you shortly.