If your provider enables the settings for claims, you can file a claim through three screens in the portal:
- From the Claims card on the Dashboard.
- From the File a New Claim link under the Claims list.
- From the Details tab on the Policy screen.
Note: You must have existing claims on file to file a claim from the claims list.
To file a claim from the claims list, you must have existing claims on file.
- Log in to the Policyholder portal using one of the options below:
- Scroll to the Claims card. Select the Multiple Open Claims link.
- Select File a New Claim at the bottom of the Claims list.
- On the File a Claim screen, select the Policy Number from the dropdown list if you have more than one policy. Otherwise, your policy number will be preselected.
- Select the Location from the dropdown list, if you have more than one location. Otherwise, the location will be preselected.
- The Loss Date defaults to the current date. To enter a new date, type in the Loss Date or select the down arrow to select a date from the calendar date picker. Select X to clear the date. Select the small up and down arrows to go up or down each date field.
- Type in the relevant details of the claim in Loss Description.
- To upload a photo, select Upload Photos. In your Windows Explorer or Finder application, navigate to the photo you want to upload and select Open.
- Select Submit Claim.
- A pop-up window displays confirming your successful submission: Your claim was successfully submitted. An adjuster will be contacting you shortly.